Sri Lanka Agripreneurs’ Forum, the premier forum for agribusiness in Sri Lanka successfully held its AGM on the 16th of August at the Institute of Engineers, Sri Lanka, Colombo 07.
The AGM saw the participation of key stakeholders of the agri sector including private companies, state agencies, NGOs, international organizations, and agri -academics.
In view of the exceptional work done towards the growth of the association, Chairman Mr. Rizvi Zaheed was reappointed for another term as Chairperson. Dr. Selvanathan Anojan and Mr. Kulendran Sivaram remain as Secretary and Treasurer respectively. The Executive Committee for the years 2023/24 consists of Mr. Aruna Weerakoon, Mr. Jayantha Rajapakse, Mr. Parakrama Jayasinghe, Mr. Kavinda Dissanayake, Mr. Charaka Perera, and Mr. Visal Perera.
Some key changes in the association saw the introduction of the individual membership category which is offered free of charge, the introduction of the Advisory Council to the association consisting of eminent veterans of the industry, and the introduction of regional chapters of the association.
The Chairperson highlighted some of the key initiatives conducted by the association in the past year such as the Agripreneurs Conference, Agcelerator Programme (a funding and capacity-building program for budding agripreneurs and their agri-startups), National Jackfruit Value Chain Development Project, Capacity Building and Training Programmes, Funding Programmes, and various other state-level interventions. He stated that the association is looking to grow in the years to come and sought the support of all members to ensure that.
SLAF calls upon all interested agri stakeholders to join its thriving membership and to contribute to the development of the Sri Lankan agribusiness sector.
- Sri Lanka Agripreneurs’ Forum (SLAF) partners with National Youth Services Council (NYSC) to Unveil “Sarubima” Initiative to Empower 10,000 Youth Agripreneurs
- Empowering Agripreneurs: Introducing “Agcelerator” – Funding and Capacity Building Agri-Accelerator Programme for Innovators
- Sri Lanka Agripreneurs’ Forum Successfully Concludes its Annual General Meeting
- Sri Lanka Agripreneurs Forum and Industrial Services Bureau Conduct a Workshop on Coconut Value Chain Development and Business Opportunities
- Looking to start an agro-business but not enough capital?