Sri Lanka Agripreneurs’ Forum (SLAF), in collaboration with the Industrial Services Bureau (ISB), successfully organized a Workshop on Coconut Value Chain Development and Business Opportunities. The event, held on June 27th from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., took place at the ISB Auditorium in Kurunegala. This insightful workshop aimed to provide a platform for knowledge sharing and discussions on various aspects of the coconut industry, focusing on value chain development and exploring lucrative business opportunities.
The workshop witnessed the enthusiastic participation of around 50 individuals, including farmers, plantation companies and estates, coconut processors, coconut value-added product exporters, industry experts, state institutions, banks, and coconut enthusiasts. With an engaging agenda and esteemed invited presenters from renowned organizations such as SLAF, ISB, Agroworld, and Serendib Natural Products, the event promised the participants a wealth of insights and practical knowledge.
The workshop commenced with a warm welcome address by Mr Neelakanth Wanninayake, CEO/Executive Director, ISB, expressing their gratitude to all the attendees for their active participation and commitment towards the growth of the coconut industry. He emphasized the importance of collaborative efforts and knowledge exchange to unlock the full potential of the value chain, enabling sustainable development and economic prosperity.
The invited presenters brought their expertise to the forefront, delivering informative and thought-provoking presentations on key topics related to coconut value chain development and business opportunities. The sessions covered a wide range of subjects, including:
1. Coconut Cultivation Techniques: This session focused on modern cultivation practices, best agricultural techniques, and advancements in coconut farming to enhance productivity and yield.
2. Coconut Processing and Value Addition: Participants gained valuable insights into various processing methods, value addition techniques, and the utilization of different parts of the coconut to maximize profitability.
3. Market Trends and Business Opportunities: The workshop shed light on the current market trends, demand patterns, and emerging business opportunities in the coconut industry. Participants were encouraged to explore innovative ideas and entrepreneurial ventures.
The interactive nature of the workshop encouraged active participation from the attendees. Engaging in panel discussions, question-and-answer sessions, and networking breaks provided ample opportunities for knowledge sharing and collaboration. Participants eagerly exchanged ideas, shared success stories, and sought expert advice, fostering a dynamic learning environment.
SLAF believes that events like these play a pivotal role in nurturing innovation, promoting sustainable practices, and harnessing the immense potential of the agricultural sector. The Workshop on Coconut Value Chain Development and Business Opportunities served as a stepping stone towards a brighter future for the coconut industry, fostering collaboration and empowering agripreneurs to thrive in a rapidly evolving market.
- Sri Lanka Agripreneurs’ Forum (SLAF) partners with National Youth Services Council (NYSC) to Unveil “Sarubima” Initiative to Empower 10,000 Youth Agripreneurs
- Empowering Agripreneurs: Introducing “Agcelerator” – Funding and Capacity Building Agri-Accelerator Programme for Innovators
- Sri Lanka Agripreneurs’ Forum Successfully Concludes its Annual General Meeting
- Sri Lanka Agripreneurs Forum and Industrial Services Bureau Conduct a Workshop on Coconut Value Chain Development and Business Opportunities
- Looking to start an agro-business but not enough capital?