How it all begins…
The Sri Lanka Agripreneurs’ Forum (SLAF) was set up in 2020 during the early days of the COVID-19 pandemic to address, not just the issues arising from the pandemic, but also to serve as the pivotal body for the agricultural community in Sri Lanka, covering the entire spectrum of stakeholders.
The objectives being to bring up agriculture to a viable and vibrant activity and thereby ensure both national food security and to uplift the small farmers from the current subsistence level existence, to a respected and essential contributor to the agricultural economy. Another objective is improving the data resources available for academics and connecting all stakeholders through one common platform, which would aid the collective development of all those involved in the sector. We have continuously engaged with all key stakeholders including the highest echelons of government to push for the speedy transformation of agriculture.
We intends to serve the agribusiness sector in the country and those engaged in the sector as directed by our objectives and as governed by our constitution.
The Sri Lanka Agripreneurs’ Forum (SLAF) functions from our secretariat located in the Ceylon Chamber of Commerce and has a membership base of over (number) individuals, (number) institutions, and (number) corporations. Although the secretariat is located in the heart of the country, our activities are intended to encompass all corners of the country and be of benefit to even the most rural
We intends to serve the agribusiness sector in the country and those engaged in the sector
- To be the voice of the Sri Lankan Agripreneurs’ and represent; growers, farmer organizations, agri-value-addition enterprises, agri-professionals & academics, agriscientists, local and global marketers of agri-produce, providers of agri-inputs, agrimachinery manufacturers, and local agri-investors.
- To function as a sector-representing institute in the promotion and adoption of advanced, efficient, and sustainable agribusiness practices in the entire scope of agribusiness.
- To provide overall technical and policy guidance for the Ministries in charge of subjects of Agriculture, Trade and Commerce and Consumer Affairs and other relevant ministries and organizations on advanced, efficient, and sustainable agribusiness practices and related matters as and when required.
- To act as a catalyst and think-tank for the promotion of agribusiness and agribusiness practitioners on visionary concepts and practices leading to the advancement of the sector.
- To serve as a technology watch group and share innovations and modern and efficient agricultural practices and promotion of agribusiness development and related activities.
- To provide advisory services for preparation of guidelines, codes of practices, standards, research & development, and innovation on all sectors of agribusiness.
- To build sectoral relationships and engage with the international, national, subnational institutions and the private sector organizations, civil societies, academics and scientific communities in the promotion and adoption of advanced, efficient, and sustainable agribusiness practices.
- To facilitate and educate the adoption of advanced, efficient, and sustainable agribusiness practices in the entire scope of agribusiness at all levels.
- To act as an incubation and business mentor for agribusiness innovations and initiatives.
- To act as a pressure group for the promotion and implementation of advanced, efficient, and sustainable agribusiness practices.
- To assist and provide guidance to the Members and Non-Members to successfully engage in agribusiness entrepreneurship in all its segments making use of state-of the-art, advanced, efficient, and sustainable agribusiness practices.